I am a Information System Security professional. I have a thorough understanding of business and policy issues and a strong foundation of effective solutions to current and emerging security threats. I have developed skills necessary to communicate and act on these issues to and with other leaders in my company. How is it that my own family does not take me seriously?
I am casually walking though our home and noticed this on my wife's desk. Here are a couple of things that stuck out to me (as a security professional):
- bad: She wrote her computer password on a sheet of paper.
- very bad: Her password is too weak to do any good. If she didn't already write it down, anyone would be able to guess it.
- worst: She wrote it on the cover page of my "Security Assessment" that I prepared for my Information Assurance Master's program!
What can I do with such a blatant disregard for all things secure?
6 comments:
Such disrespect - Happy Birthday Brad!!
Brad, Happy Birthday!!!! I love your blog. So, does this mean you are going to comment on my blog!? What are you going to do tonight for your birthday? What's for dinner, Mac-n-cheese?
Good going Brad - now you will have countless people breaking into your house and getting unlimited access into your wife's computer. this may not have happened if you had not posted this post today.
However, upon your observations, I may have to change my own passwords because they consist of basically one name and he is married to me. According to you, this is a weak system. I will adjust.
PS - happy b-day. I hear very wonderful people are born on this day.
Happy Birthday Brad!!!! I'm so happy Heather directed us all to your blog...now we can hear "the rest of the story."
P.S. My passwords are all BRAFOR too. How strange is that? :)
My passwords are my birthday or the name of my pet. Is that secure?
Hey! It was great seeing you in December. I enjoyed meeting your family.
I read your wife's blog every once in a while.
Hope you had a great b-day! What are you 38?
Post a Comment